Firstly, I would like to thank Kayla @ Kdrewkthebookworm for nominating me for this award. This means so much to me. 🙂 Do check out Kayla’s blog as it is filled with amazing book reviews, book hauls, blogger awards and book tags. 😀
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and then write 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger award logo in a post/on your site
Where was the last place you traveled, and when was it?
The last place that I traveled to would be Japan. It is a very recent trip and I am still currently in Tokyo. 😀 I went to Tokyo and Osaka to see hanami (cherry blossoms). I have always wanted to visit Japan since I’m an anime fanatic and I love Japanese culture. In addition, Japanese food is really good and the things that they sell there are really cute too. ❤
How many physical books do you own?
I own a huge amount of books and I’m too lazy to go and count it. 😦 A brief estimation would be around 200 ~ 250 books including children, young adults and adults books. 😡
Under what circumstances would you DNF a book?
I will DNF a book when it is extremely slow and boring. There are times where some books have plots which are extremely slow placed and I don’t really enjoy reading mundane books. If a book was to put me to sleep, I will DNF it. Another circumstance would be if I get really uncomfortable or disturbed while reading the novel. Usually, those novel deals with sensitive issues and I couldn’t bring myself to continue on reading it.
What was the last movie you saw in theaters? Did you enjoy it?
The most recent movie I watched in the cinemas would be Koe no Katachi (i.e. A Silent Voice) by Kyoto animations. The movie follows a deaf girl called Shoko Nishimiya and a guy called Shoya Ishida. Ishida bullied Nishimiya when they were in elementary school and that resulted in classmates and teachers turning against him by isolating him from elementary school all the way till high school. Having no plans for the future, Ishida contemplated on committing suicide till he suddenly reunites with Nishimiya. Ishida decided to make amendments for what he did to Nishimiya in elementary school and be her friend. I love this movie to bits. It was so funny and heartbreaking at the same time. Moreover, Ishida and Nishimiya look so cute together. 😀
Share your favourite meme or GIF
Just look at Leetuek’s face. XD I can’t stop laughing when I chance upon it for the first time.
Tell me a teaser sentence from the book you’re currently reading!
“Someone must die before another is born…”
What device do you use to write your blog posts (computer, phone, etc.)?
I use my computer most of the time since it is faster when you are using a keyboard. I do write blog posts using my phone when I suddenly have some thoughts and opinions on a book that I’m reviewing and I’m not at home. I tend to write my thoughts down quickly before it slipped my mind.
Tell me a little-known fact about you that no other bloggers know.
I love animals so much. Last year when I was on a vacation with family and friends, I managed to chance upon wild sheep, cows, horses, wild rabbits, ostrich and sugar gliders for the first time. I remembered running towards the sheep like a kid even though my mom was warning me that it might kick me using their hind legs. In addition, I would often give the friendly neighbourhood cats a nice pat when I happened to come across them on my way home. 🙂
If you could travel anywhere in the world right this instant, where would you go, and why?
I would still want to visit Japan again. There is still other prefectures that I have yet to visit and I love Japan so much that I don’t mind living there. 🙂 I want to see snow in Hokkaido, cherry blossoms and autumn leaves in Kyoto.
What song is stuck in your head right now? (if any)
Should’ve Held On/ Again by Astro. This is one of my favourite k-pop group and they just had a comeback recently with a new single, Winter Dream. I fell in love with the song, Should’ve Held On, when I first listened to it. I have been replaying this song for so many times ever since that the melody and lyrics are stuck in my mind.
Give a shoutout to 5 awesome bloggers, and spread the love like confetti!
I am going to nominate these amazing bloggers as well. 😀 Do check out their blogs as they are the nicest people I have met thus far. 🙂
Megan @ bookslayersReads
Jackie @ toomuchofabooknerd
Mandy @ bookprincessreviews
Jamie @ Book Pandamonium
Poulami @ Daydreaming Books
- What is one of the worse book slumps you have been through?
- If you could marry one of the characters in any novel, who will it be? Why?
- If you have to choose to live in a dystopian world, which world would it be? Why?
- What is one of your most anticipated book releases in the year 2017?
- If tomorrow is the end of the world and you are given a choice to travel to one country of your choice for one day, where would it be? Why?
- List 3 of your favourite songs! 😀
- If you were given a chance to choose a book that is going to be adapted into an augmented reality game, which book would you choose? Why?
- Tell me a teaser sentence from a book that you are currently reading. 🙂
- Are there any bands/singers/groups that you like? Share your favourite ones with me.
- What do you usually do during your free time other than reading?
- Dog-ear or Bookmarks? If it is the latter, share your bookmarks! 😀
I would like to thank Kayla once again for nominating me for this award. 🙂 To those who are nominated, feel free to ignore the nomination if you have already been nominated or simply, doesn’t want to be nominated. Do share your answers with me! I love to hear them. 😀